This is my first post of YR 2007. It's rather late, I know. But I lacked inspiration.
I haven't found a job yet, probably due to inertia. Secret Recipe didn't get back to me, ie I failed my first job application. Aiks. That's OK. Waitressing isn't my cup of tea... *sour grapes*
I'm learning, I'm learning, though. I learnt that if you turn the steering wheel to the maximum too many times, the hydraulic oil leaks out. And I learnt, adding to my guilt, that it costs a whopping RM 1000 to get it fix - that's if your car is some fragile baby like a 1996 built Audi.
I should learn more.
Just the other day, I followed Dad's advice, and read, albeit in a leisurely manner, the Success Principles!!! Sceptical at first, I'm won over after reading this: "The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it", uttered by Michelangelo. The book goes on to explain that it is human constraint, fueled by rationality and practicality, that limits us. To quote Dad: It's all about the mindset.
Agreed. I'll be more naive, I'll be a dreamer...
*
I'm writing CNY cards now. My list is 20 people strong, and I'm stuck at some of them. There is too much, and too little to say in an approximately 15cm x 9cm card. Exactly which card matters? I'm too lazy to be discriminatory.
Oh, also JH's farewell gift... The ultimate pencil case evades me! I know it's hiding somewhere in Singapore. I got Fatty something, but he won't be here on that day. =( Somehow I'm not sure whether I should dread or be elated about the release of the results. Messy messy. One thing's for sure though - the skies will clear a little.
*
JH's leaving on the 12th. No more pasar malam, no more mamak, no more talking crap and hysteric laughs, no more sarcasm about vain guys... We're weird. Or normal. No wait. You are weird. Haha hope the funny weird ubur ubur settles down nicely in Sydney.
*
I love milk. Milk makes me happy. Think milk.