The essay didn't make the cut, but I'm glad that it wasn't submitted, because as wise as it may sound, it's definitely not applicable in all circumstances.
Take for instance, NOW. Which university? Which country? So many roads to the same destination. I need a crystal ball.
Pure laziness. Researching on the myriad of courses, based on websites, pamphlets, the opinions of a family friend whose friend's son did so-and-so course in so-and-so university and is now working for so-and-so-big shot company after switching from so-and-so university...
I'm not even sure if I'm the adventurer or the well-trodden path type. When prestige and reputation go against the time and cost factor, which ones should triumph?
As I type, I realize that having a choice is indeed a privilege after all. The only thing that matters is whether we make the best of our decision.
I am my inspiration.
*
Met up with Fatty today. We were scheduled to meet at MPH, but when I got there I didn't see him, so I absent mindedly browsed Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth. Just as I returned the book to the shelf and patience was running thin, I saw him. He was next to me! Blur dude couldn't feel the aura of Her Holiness Joleen either.
But there's nothing a Bean movie, popcorn and asam laksa sharing, as well as apple crumble cannot restore. Hehe, what else can I say? It was a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah day!!! =D =D =D
We even found Malaysia's Next Top Model!