Thursday, June 7

Hello hello! Back from the trip to Penang and Langkawi with 604 roomies. I didn't get any tan but my face has a permanent kiss from the sun. =(

Smellies at Kek Lok Si

We haven't been hanging out for quite a while- the last time we met up was in March, so I felt awkward initially, like there was a gap that needed to be filled. I cannot help but compare this little holiday with that in Sarawak, where we were closer, and I felt more comfortable and relaxed. Perhaps we needed time to melt the ice, because things started to get more fun during the 3rd and 4th day. The afternoon at the beach did wonders. I was more myself, which is to say I became more zany and a tad pea-brained.

Penang was quite disappointing in terms of food. I had laksa twice, and neither met the superior Jusco laksa standards. And even their char kuey teow was average, albeit having larger-than-usual prawns.

Our sand mermaid with lovingly sculptured boobs

Cheap beer elevated Langkawi's position way above Penang's. Chang at RM 2.00 per can? Plus RM 75 for a seafood dinner for four? Not much gets more economical than that. =D Hehe and since I'm a nature-at-heart kind of girl, the island hopping with eagle and monkey sighting was pretty worth it too.

Wind blown hair for the model effect on ferry from Penang to Langkawi

These all-girl trips are rare. Thank you Michele, Bei Shi, Zhi Ying, Lim Zhi, June Ping and Qiao Wen- you guys were great company. Hope this vacation will not be the last.