This is me, in my funny shaped room, typing my first post as a uni student. I'm old!
Things have been pretty good, especially since Grace came over for a few nights. She's super creative. I now have another Patrick, courtesy of her.
Meet... Patrick on steroids. Hehe... Hence his larger fore limbs. But he's adorable all the same, and retains the flexibility that is the trait of ALL Patricks.
I wanted to write a post to summarize my holidays. It dawned upon me, and many other friends, that the longest holiday of perhaps our entire life is over. Was it well spent? What have I gained? My life didn't change notably, but it was certainly enhanced by a few events. Meeting up with friends, teaching, a few trips, and most importantly, finding a rusty friendship that could use a little polish to shine like the brightest jewel.
But on Tuesday I had the biggest scare of my life. Fatty initiated something out of the blue. I always thought that I had the baton, I control the race, I have the prerogative. But he was tired. And the dam of emotions was released. I traversed the entire uni, looking for him, feeling more anxious as each call to him met a dead end. Yet all along I had the confidence that it was not the end. It could not be the end. I would not let it end.
I'm just glad.
*toast* to a great uni life. I need to believe that nothing is impossible.