Wednesday, August 29

It's remarkable how quickly times passes. A few more weeks till the mid term holidays and exams. But what is time to you? How do you allocate time to do what is necessary? And the add ons? The fringes? How do you even prioritize matters? The unstructuredly structured timetable feels alien to me. In previous education systems I most certainly wouldn't be blogging at this time of the day. But here the activities are random; each week is unlikely to be similar to the last. I'm not sure if I welcome the irregularity, but at least I'm coping, though I've backlogged a bit.

Also, I am suspicious of my intuition. It has been failing me for the past few months. I'm not saying that I want all my intuitions to be proven correct, because that would be horrendous. Take the predictions for my A level results as an example. Perhaps it's just my confidence and optimism that create a feel good feeling that translates into a semi mirage in the brain. I didn't make the choir team although I was almost sure I would get in. It was a tad disappointing but the AIESEC membership was a delightful surprise. Ah, the joy at getting something unexpected.

Speaking about unexpectedness, Grace and I went to the zoo on Sunday. It was totally unplanned. We were up at 2 am deciding, or it was only me contemplating, whether to choose a relaxing movie in the cinema or a full length animal documentary where we have to brave the rain, sun and the smells. In the end, the journey all the way to Mandai Lake Road was well worth it. So currently the stats stand at 4 trips to the zoo in 3 years; try beating that!


*

I'm unsatisfied. Shouldn't it be better? We just stopped trying.