Monday, February 25

When Fatty was born, doctors found a well developed sweet tooth in his mouth. And today, his penchant for all things saccharine became full-fledged.

He was particularly drawn towards cookies, so to satiate him, cookies we baked. =D

Fatty trying to make the butter-egg emulsion.

I was momentarily worried when I realised I forgot how to convert degrees Fahrenheit to Celsius. Betty Crocker sure is an accidental teacher.


Can you count the number of orbitals?


The final product. Our non racist attitude towards cookies is evident.

We wanted Subway versions, ie huge cookie with soft chewy centre, but a batch or two was rather burnt. So Fatty broke of the charred sides and ate what little remained.

*

Singapore won the bid to host the 2010 Youth Olympics! There is an unexplainable happy fuzzy feeling inside of me. I said to ZX, "Hope we win the bid", during lecture on Thursday. Yes, I subconsciously used the word we. I'm anticipating the changes to the Singapore landscape; glad to be able to be part of it.

On a sadder note, Friday's crane crash at the new alumni house site was a spirit dampener. Wouldn't the nation be ballistic had the tragedy occured at Warren instead?

*

Wonderful surprises arrive in e-mails and envelopes. Mooi is right. There shouldn't be any "ifs". What I want should be what I get.