It's Thanksgiving's today. Terese had invited Dustin, so he and I bought a bottle of Martini for the dinner.
The spread was nothing less than awesome. After a hearty meal that was topped off with pear and pumpkin pie, and gelato, we formed a cozy little circle and took turns sharing what we are thankful for.
Most of us were thankful for the usual blessings: family, friends, health, a new job... Among us was Gilbert, who was born in 1923. He simply said, in his softspoken manner, that he was grateful for being able to wake up the next morning. Once again I'm amazed by his vitality and outlook in life. I have a soft spot for silver haired people.
As for me, I said "I'm thankful for being happy and lucky", which just about summarizes what I feel and have experienced.
I am truly thankful for all that I have, although I want more sometimes :)