Thursday, April 26

Current affairs necessitate the change of blog title. To better reflect what I'm going through, it's going to be called "Let Me Be..."

- Brave.

Remember I said that the skies were going to "clear a little" after the release of the A level results? I was wrong. In fact, it got more complicated.

I'd like to be a clairvoyant. I'd like someone to make a 100% accurate decision for me. I'd like someone to be blamed if anything goes awry.

But guess what? I'm responsible for myself. Aiks.

Today I had a talk with Mooi. You know... I wanted her to be the wind, and me the weather vane. Instead she nudged me south. And that's another colour added to the rainbow. Many stories, many experiences. People who took a year's leave to study and take the exams. People who study 8 hours a day and still chicken out at the last minute. When she said that "I don't think actuarial science is a branch of science, I think it's a form of art", it sounded almost beautiful.

There was a moralistic moment too. "Insurance companies are there for you in times for need." Whoa. Revolutionary, considering the closest encounter I've ever had with insurance was with a certain Clara with a significant mole who used to come to our house to sell policies and water filters and Amway products.

Well, it seems that the chances of me drinking till I pass out or smoking pot are low... Going south for some hi-tea.

*

Germany is in jeopardy! =(