Lying on a haystack:
Ulterior needle
Prodding
Nipping
At consciousness.
You impapable spotlight
Be off!
Ya ya, that's my ode to insomnia. Stupid thing is bugging me. It's 3 05am in KL, 8 04pm in London. Don't tell me my brain is already adjusting without me being physically there.
So this post is going to be as long as it gets.
Damn. I'm getting really frustrated with all the tossing and turning, just waiting for the next day.
I've never been online this late since Form 2, when I'd pre-smuggle Dad's laptop and hide it in my wardrobe, again waiting for time to pass. But, hehe, when the hour hand touches 2, sneaky sneaky begins! Back then it was dial up modem, long treachery wires and more wires, plus Dad'a laptop made a sharp squeak during start up. The pillow made a good silencer. =)
Why all the hassle? Well, wouldn't you want to know.
Haha, it was a rendezvous with someone. ICQ-ing at night- me, the flickering screen, and the person at the other end... The timid tap-tap-tap, echoing against the silent night, was a source of thrill and gratification. Nothing criminal, just juvenile. I think I was caught a couple of times, but hey, as actuaries would say: risk is opportunity.
Funny- the way our relationship develops. Unique? Or worse, exotic? Screwy? Maybe. Now we talk about the "validation of your existence". Still great to have you around, if you'd have me.
Okay admittedly the other person at the other end varied at different periods. But you know I'm talking about you.
Since my brain is so scattered, this is going to be a very fuzzy, incoherent post.
Let's talk about past and present user names ie e mail, ICQ, MSN etc.
1 nixzuen ---I have no idea how this came to mind.
2 narcissus ---I didn't know what narcissist meant then. But a narcissus is a flower.
3 charon ---after one of Pluto's moons, must have been on some astrological craze.
4 paradoxical paragon ---I liked the word paragon.
5 ferris ---ferris?!
6 enigma --- like a silhoutte, or so I thought. I have totally fallen out of love with it now.
7 minute halcyon --- too morbid
8 halcyonjo --- I really love this. *projecting lots of happy moments*
9 jo ---obviously a short form for Joleen. Short and sweet, no? How apt. Haha.
All these numbers are not making me sleepy!!!
Okay, what's next?
Oh yeah my zero tolerance towards gross stuff. I've been coughing out solid green phelgm. And sometimes it's starkly contrasted with strings of red. Isn't it simply amaaaa...zing? I'm actually glad to see this stuff getting flushed down the sink. At least it's not infiltrating my lungs.
Did you know that Cho of Virginia Tech did not own a Facebook account?
Songs sound so much better now. Back to the haystack.
DISCLAIMER: Though this may be my most honest post to date, I'm under the influence of drugs. Hehe...